For when you need some dough but don’t have enough cash to procure some Ben and Jerry’s. Four ingredients, no eggs, totally safe (unless you’re dieting).
Serves: JUST ME
- 100g butter
- 125g sugar (soft brown ideally but caster is good too)
- 100g plain flour
Cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the flour and loosen the mixture with a spoon or two of milk if you need to.
- Eaten straight from the bowl
- Accessorised with chocolate chips, nuts, cubes of fudge etc.
- Served with ice-cream
- Moulded into little balls, refrigerated, and used as a snack
- Made into actual cookies by adding one egg, doubling the amount of flour, and baking for 12 minutes at 180.
My review: If drunk me can make this at 1am and it still be good, then so can you.